The first formal meeting of parishioners occurred in October of 1952. The first Mass was held at St. Martin's Camp Chapel in Love Point on September 20, 1953. Mr. David Nichols donated the existing property to St. Christopher's in honor of his mother and groundbreaking ceremonies commenced on October 31, 1954. The first Mass was held a year later on October 2, 1955. A Parish Council was formed in the fall of 1967 and CCD building was added in 1971. In 1977, the parish built a rectory for its priests. A new parish Center was added in 1991. The parish celebrated it's 50th Anniversary in 2004.
The present Church, which preserved the old sanctuary as a chapel, was completed in January of 2009 with custom artwork and fresco designed to depict our our local religious roots. Walking Tour Pamphlet
From Dream to Reality
Dedication Day 1955
St. Christopher's Church
1861 Harbor Dr.
Chester, MD 21619-0660
Parish Office: 410-643-6220
Hours: Mon.–Fri. ( 9:00 – 4:00 p.m.)